Unlike Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc. that grant direct permanent residency, Hong Kong gives a right to entry initially and then permanent residency can be claimed. Here is, at a glance the process of obtaining a QMAS PR visa:
- STAGE 1: Submission of application to QMAS- A profile/application must be created with all relevant and authentic information. This application must be submitted to QMAS.
- STAGE 2: Educational Credential Assessment- To verify whether your education meets the educational standards of Hong Kong, the applicant must undergo an ECA.
- STAGE 3: Pool of applications- The application submitted lands into a pool where all applications are ranked against each other based on points.
- STAGE 4: Invitation to Apply- Upon application selection from the Pool, QMAS issues an Approval-in-principle letter. This letter means an invitation for applicant to attend an in-person interview in Hong Kong.
- STAGE 5: You need to pay visa fees and attend an interview in Hong Kong.
- STAGE 6: PR Visa Application- After successfully qualifying through the interview in Hong Kong, you can apply for a permanent stay.
Important points to note regarding QMAS
- Nationals of Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, Nepal and Vietnam may not apply under QMAS.
- The interview is the essential element for an applicant on the basis of which the QMAS visa is granted.
- Generally, a time period of 3 months is given to the applicant to move to Hong Kong after he receives his Approval in principle letter.
- If the applicant does not qualify during the interview, he will have to return to his home country
- Applicant needs to show sufficient funds in his bank account to settle in Hong Kong with or without family.
If you are looking for more details on obtaining of Hong Kong PR visa from India, consult our HK immigration expert @ 08030010515 Or Visit Hong Kong visa consultants in Hyderabad and get complete details today.