EXPRESS ENTRY: IMPORTANT FACTS
- Express Entry will manage applications for three federal economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and the Canadian Experience Class.
- Provinces and Territories will be able to use the Express Entry system to select a portion of candidates for their Provincial Nominee Programs.
- Once candidates have been invited to apply for Canada permanent residence they will need to complete the immigration process, which includes health and security checks. Complete applications will be processed in six months or less.
- Canada has admitted more than 1.6 million new permanent residents since 2006 and will admit between 260,000 and 285,000 in 2015 alone.
EXPRESS ENTRY: DETAILS OF THE COMPREHENSIVE RANKING SYSTEM
Express Entry selection system for Canadian immigration comes will be into operation from January 01, 2015. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recently revealed details about its Comprehensive Ranking System. This information will give potential candidates for immigration to Canada a clearer picture of how Express Entry will operate. The System is designed as to rank candidates who have made an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada and are eligible for one of three federal economic immigration programs:
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM | FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM | CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS
Once a candidate’s eligibility has been confirmed, he or she will enter the Express Entry pool and be ranked against other candidates in the pool. There are up to 1,200 points available under the system, and these are segmented as follows:
• Up to 500 points for the candidate’s core human capital factors, including age, level of education, language ability, and work experience. In the case where the candidate has an accompanying spouse or common-law partner, up to 460 points will be awarded for the core human capital of the principal applicant, with up to 40 points available for the core human capital of his or her spouse or common-law partner. Up to 80 points will be awarded to candidates who have at least one year of Canadian work experience.
• Up to 100 points will be awarded for the skills transferability of the candidate. These points are awarded based on a combination of certain human capital factors.
• 600 points will be awarded for either a qualifying offer of arranged employment from a Canadian employer or a nomination certificate from a Canadian province.
THE IMPORTANCE OF DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY FIRST
The score within the Comprehensive Ranking System for Candidates through Express Entry is only of value once they are eligible to enter the Express Entry pool. Eligibility to enter the pool is determined by a separate assessment that establishes whether a candidate is eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs listed above.Once a candidate is eligible, he or she enters the pool and is ranked under the Comprehensive Ranking System with all other eligible candidates for the federal economic programs. Candidates with the highest rankings will then be issued invitations to apply.
Check Your Eligibility for Canada with Canada CRS Points Calculator 2017